How to troubleshoot common issues
Make sure that you are running the latest version of Keyless Authenticator by visiting the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store on your smartphone.
If you are unable to install the app, please make sure that your smartphone is updated to the latest version of the operating system supported by your device. Keyless authenticator requires:
- iOS version 13.4.1 or newer (recommended), or iOS version 12.4.6, or
- Android version 6 (API level 23)
To install the app, you need at least 300 MB of available space on your device.
At the moment, the Keyless Authenticator app is available only in the European and US App Store and Google Play Store. If your account is associated with a different region, you can change it using the following guides:
If you are unable to enroll or authenticate, make sure that:
- The Keyless Authenticator is able to see your face. Your face should be completely contained within the on-screen preview during enrollment and authentication, and should not be covered by your hair, a scarf, or a hat. Make sure that there is enough light in the room for your camera to see your face.
- Your smartphone is connected to the Internet. Keyless Authenticator requires a reliable Internet connection to authenticate to online services. Workstation login does not require online mode - please refer to the End User Guide to enable offline mode.
- You are using a supported operating system and Web browser
Keyless support the following browsers:
- Chrome 65 or later (Windows 8 or later, MacOS 10.12 (Sierra) or later, or Ubuntu Linux 18.04 or later)
- Firefox 55 or later (Windows 8 or later, MacOS 10.12 (Sierra) or later, or Ubuntu Linux 18.04 or later)
- Safari 11 or later (Mac OS 10.12 or later)
- Microsoft Edge 75 or later (Windows 10)
- Mircosoft Internet Explorer 11 (Windows 8 or later)
- Chrome 78 or later (Android 7 or later)
- Safari 12 or later (iOS 12.4 or later)
If the problem persists, unlink your device and re-add it to your external account.
If the Keyless Authenticator is unable to scan the QR code, make sure that:
- The camera on the back of your smartphone is facing the QR code.
- The QR code covers the entire square frame on the smartphone screen when the QR code scanner is open
- The smartphone and the QR code are not moving or shaking
- There are no other windows on the screen partially covering the QR code
- You are scanning the QR code using Keyless Authenticator, rather than the smartphone’s default camera app or a different QR scanner
If the problem persists, please see platform-specific help for iOS and Android below, and contact us at https://support.keyless.io.